Saturday, March 20, 2010

Labor & Delivery

Last night I was having a lot of contractions and a strong sharp pain in my lower left side. After calling the Dr. on call, it was recommended that I go to Labor and Delivery to get checked out. I was having contractions about 7 minutes apart and my blood pressure was really high (again). They hooked me up to the machines, watched my contractions, and kept a close eye on my blood pressure. Both babies were doing fine. After about 2 1/2 hours, my contractions slowed a little bit and my blood pressure went down, and they believe the sharp pain is my ligaments stretching from the babies growing, so they sent me home. I was advised to continue the medication that I am on to slow the labor process and stick to the bed rest. I have my next appointment with the Dr. on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving comments. I love comments!! xoxo