Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thinning Cervix

I started the fetal monitoring yesterday. This is a procedure where they strap on monitors to my belly to record the babies heart beats, do an ultra sound to keep tabs on the amniotic fluid and watch for contractions. I have to do this twice a week from here on out. The reason for this is to monitor Derrick. The larger he gets the more oxygen and nutrients he demands and because of his 2 vessel umbilical cord, they need to make sure he is getting everything he needs. The results from yesterdays tests all came out good.

I also started my once a week visits with the Dr. and although I am not dilating, my Cervix has started to thin out already, which of course we don't want yet. He prescribed a medication that I have to take every 6 hours to help slow the process. He also reiterated the importance of my bed rest for the next three weeks. He said if we can make it past three weeks then the babies should be developed enough to come home with us if I were to have them early. Any earlier than 3 weeks then they will probably be in the NICU for a while before getting to come home... so we are working on that.

The C-Section has been scheduled for April 6th (Tuesday) but I have not been given my time slot yet.. I will find that out at my visit next week.

We have our Baby Care Basics class tonight. This class will help prepare us for the babies. It will teach us (more for Danny :o) how to diaper, sponge bathe, and care for infants etc.. It should be fun and I am hoping it will boost Danny's confidence for when the babies arrive.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, can't believe how close you are! Hang in there! (this is Colleen, btw)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving comments. I love comments!! xoxo